iPhone 12 Mini Review
Intro on iPhone 12 mini
In In3case we look for revealing the outcomes and giving you the main idea about the topics that discuss. Today, we are going to spread the word about the iPhone 12 mini and write a review that we hope to satisfy our readers with.
The iPhone 12 mini has the same dual 12-megapixel camera on the rear and a 12-megapixel selfie camera on the front similar to the iPhone 12 and it performs the same. The main wide camera captures some excellent photos with improved detail and low-light performance over last year’s models.
Spec of iPhone 12 mini
- Body: Aluminum frame with a matte finish, Ceramic Shield front with an oleophobic coating, Glass back with a glossy finish, IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Black, White, Green, Blue, Red color options. 131.5 x 64.2 x 7.4 mm, 135 g.
- Display: 5.4″ Retina XDR OLED screen of 1,080 x 2,340 px resolution, 476ppi, 600 nits, 120Hz touch sensing. HDR10, Dolby Vision support, wide color gamut. True Tone.
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic chip (5nm) – Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm with 3.1GHz Turbo boost) Apple CPU, four-core Apple GPU, 16-core Apple NPU 4-gen
- Memory: 4GB of RAM; 64/128/256GB of internal storage
- Rear camera: Dual 12MP camera: 26mm main wide-angle, F/1.6, OIS, Dual Pixel AF; 13mm ultrawide-angle, F/2.4, 120-degree field of view; dual-LED flash with slow sync. Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion.
- Video recording: [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, OIS + EIS, Dolby Vision (30fps only)
- Front camera: Dual camera – 23mm 12MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with HDR mode + 3D TOF camera; Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion. [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60/120fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, EIS.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, 4G; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/6; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC; Apple U1 chip ultrawideband
- Battery: 2,227 mAh battery, 20W fast charging, 12W Qi wireless charging (MagSafe)
- Misc: Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera, stereo speakers, Taptic Engine
The phone packs a dual rear camera that is not fundamentally different from the previous year’s iPhone11. It comes with a 12-megapixel first lens with a size of f / 1.6 26 mm that supports dual pixel PDAF and OIS optical stabilization. As for the second lens, it is 12-megapixel as well, but with an f / 2.4 aperture. It’s used for very wide photography at an angle up to 120 degrees.
The rear camera supports shooting videos up to 4K @ 24/30 / 60fps. It can shoot at lower resolutions up to 1080p @ 30/60 and allows you to shoot 1080p slow-motion with a frame rate of 120 or 240 seconds. It supports HDR photography and panorama mode Included with a Quad-LED flash.
The selfie camera is identical to the four newly announced phones. It works with 12 megapixels with a 23mm f / 2.2 lens slot and is equipped with a secondary SL 3D camera to help in making isolation or portraiture. It supports video shooting up to 4K @ 24/30 / 60fps with an electronic stabilizer EIS. We can say that we didn’t see any update from Apple on the front camera for last year’s phones. Perhaps the only difference between the front camera of the new iPhone 12 and the previous generation is its support for Night Mode.
The display comes in the form of a notch, it comes from a 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR OLED with FHD+ quality with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels at a pixel density of 476 pixels per inch. It supports the new 19.5: 9 display dimensions to display larger content on the phone screen with a protection layer on The display is an oleophobic coating. In addition to anti-scratch glass, the display supports HDR10 and True Tone technology.
This time, we will not see IPS screens from Apple, as all four phones were presented with the OLED screen. Including the iPhone 12 mini, the phone comes with a suitable 5.4-inch Super Retina XDR OLED screen with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels (FHD +) with a good pixel density of 476 pixels per square inch, the screen works with the dimensions of 19.5: 9 and takes up to a total of 85.1% of the front end area.
The screen support many features such as HDR10, Dolby Vision, True-tone and Wide color gamut, and the front glass is resistant to scratches and coated with an anti-oil coating, the screen offers a maximum brightness rate of 1200 nits, while the average brightness is 625 nits, and both numbers are excellent.
The phone features the Apple A14 Bionic six-core processor.
The processor was manufactured with an ultrafine precision that none of the competitors have reached yet and is 5 nm. It means that the phone will be very energy efficient while ensuring that its temperature does not rise during prolonged use. Apple has stated that in the new chip they used a staggering number of transistors 11.8 One billion transistors 40% more than last year’s A13 phone processor and 80% better overall performance. Apple claims that the new processor delivers 50% stronger performance than any other smartphone on the scene. It is worth noting that the main processor is supported by a graphics and video processor of the type Quad-core Apple GPU.
The phone will work with the latest Apple operating system, iOS 14. It is available in versions 64, 128, or 256 GB of type NVMe with 4 GB RAM. And as usual, the phone or any of the other phones will not support the installation of an external storage card MicroSD.
The phone supports 5G networks with a super speed of 3.5 GB and up to 4 GB in ideal modes. Apple also stated that it provided the smart data mode feature. It transforms the phone to 4G networks in the event of weak or disconnection of the 5G connection in order to save energy. And the phone contains Bluetooth 5.0 with Wi-Fi / 6. And NFC technology enables you to share data quickly by touch.
It is a non-removable 2227 mAh lithium-ion battery that supports 15-watt wireless charging and 18 watts fast charging only. One of the most prominent new features in both the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini is the MagSafe feature. A feature that allows a wide range of accessories to be attached or magnetically attached to the back of the phone. In addition to supporting 15-watt fast wireless charging through the new MagSafe.
Apple presented its new masterpiece with a very lightweight of only 135 grams. It means that it will not be a burden at all, whether in carrying it in the pocket or using it for extended hours. The dimensions of the phone are 131.5 mm (length) x 64.2 mm (width) x 7.4 mm (thickness).
It was designed with high-end manufacturing materials. Aluminum with a back and front glass. A new technology in which Apple collaborated with Corning, a specialist in protective glass. Apple calls it a Ceramic Shield. Apple claims that by doing so, the phone can withstand falling 4 times stronger and better than any other smartphone.
Conclusion for iPhone 12 mini
It’s a smartphone that delivers plenty of advantages and really good features. I can’t say anything other than get this device. Excellent performance in all aspects, the iPhone 12 mini gained my respect.
iPhone 12 Mini Review
- Excellent materials, very good build quality.
- An ultra-clear OLED display.
- Powerful processor.
- Mega-safe and wireless charging option.
- Very good performance for both front and rear camera.
- Water and dust resistance.
- The display works at a 60Hz refresh rate only.
- Old shape notch, very large size.
- It doesn’t support FM radio.
- Low wattage charging capacity.