Samsung Galaxy Watch3 Review
Hey fellas, I’m going to take you on a short journey with a smartwatch that exceeded my expectations, it’s the Samsung Galaxy Watch3, today we will review this extraordinary smartwatch and I will share with you my thoughts about it.
Samsung calls it the most advanced health monitor in a smartwatch. The watch that watches out for you. Anyway, they can call it whatever they want but after using it. I can say Samsung will not let you down.
It is the third generation of the Samsung Galaxy watch although there is no Samsung galaxy watch 2. Samsung jumped to the Samsung watch 3 directly to avoid the confusion between it and the Samsung galaxy active 2 which is a different model.
- Body: 45mm: 46.2×45.0x11.1mm, 54g
- 41mm: 42.5 x 41 x 11.3 mm, 48.2g
- Glass front (Gorilla Glass DX)
- stainless steel frame 316L or titanium frame
- MIL-STD-810G compliant
- 50m water-resistant (IP68)
- Display: 45mm: 1.40″, 41mm: 1.20″
- Super AMOLED, 360x360px resolution, 9:9 aspect ratio; Always-on display
- Chipset: Exynos 9110 (10 nm): Dual-core 1.15 GHz Cortex-A53; Mali-T720
- Memory: 8GB 1GB RAM; eMMC
- OS/Software: Tizen-based wearable OS 5.5
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, heart rate, barometer; NFC; Natural language commands and dictation
- Battery: 45mm: 340mAh
- 41mm: 247mAh
- Qi wireless charging
- Misc: Samsung Pay, CG certified, Blood pressure monitor, Compatible with standard 20/22mm straps
- Rotating bezel, Loudspeaker
- LTE connectivity even on the 41mm variant
- Colors: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White.
They kept the same design as the first Samsung galaxy watch. With an elegant classical design that takes you back to the old days. Of course, the bezel is considered as one of the big features of this watch. This bezel makes the watch easy to navigate between apps, and it’s very accurate. It is made from stainless steel, it’s very light, comfy, and solid. There is another version made from titanium, it’s lighter but more expensive for sure. It’s very comfy to wear for an extended period of time, it’s also suitable for sporting use. The watch is released with variable straps, cool colors, and polished off with a premium genuine leather strap. For the 45mm version, the strap is 22mm, the 41mm version, the strap is 20mm. it’s made of strengthened leather that protects against discoloration when you turn it over.
Super AMOLED 360×360 covered by corning gorilla glass dx. It’s a downgrade from the last version, Samsung didn’t mention the reasons for this downgrade. Anyway, the screen is very good, no concerns. Another advantage is that the screen is big, lighter, and slimmer for comfort wear. Under sunlight, the brightness is very high, with clear visibility. An elegant look with a large number of watch faces choosing from. A lot of looks are available in the store, you’ll never get bored with their designs.
Capacity is 330mAh for Galaxy Watch3 45mm, 240mAh for Galaxy Watch3 41mm. Takes about two hours to fully charge. It keeps working from 2 to 3 days depending on your usage. It supports wireless charging, and if your smartphone supports reverse charging, then you can charge your watch. You can either have the watch on all the time or minimal time without losing charge.
It comes with the same software as the older version. Its memory 1GB RAM + 8GB Internal Memory double the space of the older version. Actual storage availability may vary depending on pre-installed software. RAM capacity may vary depending on the model, color, and country.
LTE and UMTS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® 5.0. 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, NFC, A GPS/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo*LTE and UMTS connectivity only available in LTE models. Availability of the LTE model may vary by country or carrier.
Health & workout
- Multiple sensors exist to track and measure your exercises ( walking, running, swimming, cycling, yoga and etc,..).
- The watch can detect if you are training or not, it starts counting after 10 minutes of beginning your exercises.
- A unique feature is that the watch can detect when you have finished your exercises, which better than most of the smartwatches on the market.
- It measures stress but this feature is not available in all countries, you should look first if it is available in your country or not.
- It Measures oxygen saturation.
- Smart sensors that measure your blood pressure through pulse wave analysis as you wear it.
- Follow your heart rhythm with ECG monitoring.
- Automatically detects hard falls with its enhanced accelerometer, sending an SOS to your emergency contact with your location after 60 seconds.
- Special department for women’s health.
- It records your REM cycles, deep sleep, and total sleep time to score and help improve the quality of your rest.
- More than 120 home workout programs to choose from.
I am amazed by its performance, very smooth. You can navigate between apps very easy, and swipe between slides very quickly with no delay. A lot of apps to use, receive calls. you can even reply to conversations with custom replies, no reversed replies anymore like so many watches in the market. It is one of the good features you will have in this watch.
To sum up, at this review, Samsung Galaxy Watch3 really is an upgrade that you deserve. High performance, classy design, very good battery life, and high materials. It’s very comfy, you can wear it all the time. although, there are some cons, for example, some of the sensors are available in some locals only. But I can say if you have a Samsung phone, then this smartwatch is a very good extension. In my opinion, if you have an iPhone it will be good if you get an iPhone watch and if you have a Samsung phone, then you should get a Samsung watch. But anyway, this version of the Samsung Galaxy watch deserves to be owned by you.
Buy it from Ebay for US $319.99
Buy it from Bestbuy for $429.99