Remote Desktop Connection
Here we go again fellas, In this Article “Remote Desktop Connection”, We are going to answer too many questions. We gonna help you out to know all you need about this topic. Let’s start our journey.
What is Remote Desktop Connection?
RDC stands for Remote Desktop Connection, also called Remote Desktop. It is a Microsoft technology that allows a user to remotely connect to a networked computer from a remote location. Users can do many tasks like many tasks that they do on their computers. They can fix problems, perform admin tasks and manage applications.
Is Remote Desktop Connection Safe?
Remote Desktop sessions will be operated over an encrypted channel, preventing anyone from viewing your session by listening on the network. However, there is a vulnerability in the method used to encrypt sessions in earlier versions of RDP.
Remote Desktop is secured by using SSL/TLS in Windows Various editions such as Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Server 2003 to 2016. However, a security exception is required for some systems which are no longer supported by Microsoft.
Remote administration tools like VNC don’t encrypt the entire session, every time Admin access to a system is granted remotely, it will be risks. On the other hand, Remote Desktop is more secured and reliable.
Ex. How to use Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 10
To connect to a computer remotely, use the next steps:
- Open Remote Desktop application.
- Click the Add button as you can see in the top right.
- Click the PCs option.
- Under the “PC name” section, specify the TCP/IP address of the computer you’re trying to connect to:
- If the device is inside a private network, then enter the local IP address.
- If the device is in a remote network (via the internet), enter the public IP address.
- Under the “User account” section, click the + button in the top-right.
- Confirm the account information to sign in to the remote computer
- Then, click the Save button.
- Click the Show more option.
- Click the Save button.
- Under the “Saved Desktops” section, click the connection to start a remote session.
- Click the Connect button.
After you complete these steps, you are ready to connect to a Windows 10 device. If you want to terminate the session, you can close the window or click the three-dotted menu button from the top-middle, and then click the Disconnect button.
How do I fix Remote Desktop Connection?
Sometimes after a Windows Update, some of the newly installed files interfere with the working of the Remote Desktop Protocol and this makes the RDP functionality may get corrupted. So, you have to identify the cause and fix it manually.
Sometimes a message appears “remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer” error. This could be because of the antivirus software which blocked RDP completely or partially. All you have to do is disabling your antivirus and try to connect again.
Public network profile
Maybe your computer blocks the RD functionality as a protective measure in case you have a public or a group network.
Change your firewall settings
In many cases, the reason for RDC not working is a firewall setting. So to solve this, just turn off your firewall and try to connect again.
Check your permissions
You have to make sure that you have the right permissions to connect via RDP.
Add the host’s IP address
Windows will refuse to connect to those hosts whose IP address isn’t saved in your host’s file in case it’s the first time to connect to a remote computer. And to solve this, just do the next steps:
- Open cmd
- Type cd C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc. For checking out all the hosts saved on your computer.
- If you didn’t find the required IP, open this file in notepad and manually add the new IP.
- To do this, type notepad hosts.
- Add the IP address at the end of the file, save, and close it.
To sum up this Article ” Remote Desktop Connection ” in a few words.
Remote Desktop Connection gives you the way to connect to your data from anywhere. In fields like IT, Customer support, Managed Service Providers, and personal use, you are going to need RDC. It gives the user Flexibility, Speed, Accessibility, Savings, and Free Environment.
Articles that could be useful for you